Can't see my DCIM sub folders when iOS device is USB connected to my PC ?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
In the past ANYTIME I would connect my iPhones or iPads to my Windows 7 PC to save photos and videos I never had a problem.
I would open the internal storage, hit DCIM and ALL my sub folders would show up on my PC, I could open each sub folder and import pictures and videos to my PC for back-up.
Now when I hook up my iPad Pro or my iPhone 7 Plus to my PC via a USB all that displays on my PC is the DCIM folder, I hit that and only 1 sub folder with like only 100 or so pictures and videos.
I have about 3 thousand pictures and videos on my iPad Pro that I wish to transfer to my PC and all I'm finding is one sub folder with the 100 or so pics and vids.
What changed ?,,,,, What is the fix to see ALL my sub folders ?,,,,, No, I don't have iTunes on my PC and have never needed to, before anyone suggests using iTunes.
Thanks much in advance for any help.
Cheers
Davyo

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In the past ANYTIME I would connect my iPhones or iPads to my Windows 7 PC to save photos and videos I never had a problem.
I would open the internal storage, hit DCIM and ALL my sub folders would show up on my PC, I could open each sub folder and import pictures and videos to my PC for back-up.
Now when I hook up my iPad Pro or my iPhone 7 Plus to my PC via a USB all that displays on my PC is the DCIM folder, I hit that and only 1 sub folder with like only 100 or so pictures and videos.
I have about 3 thousand pictures and videos on my iPad Pro that I wish to transfer to my PC and all I'm finding is one sub folder with the 100 or so pics and vids.
What changed ?,,,,, What is the fix to see ALL my sub folders ?,,,,, No, I don't have iTunes on my PC and have never needed to, before anyone suggests using iTunes.
Thanks much in advance for any help.
Cheers
Davyo

If you don't install iTunes, your windows computer won't have the necessary drivers to see your iPhone as an external storage device. Just install iTunes but don't use it whatsoever.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you don't install iTunes, your windows computer won't have the necessary drivers to see your iPhone as an external storage device. Just install iTunes but don't use it whatsoever.

Well, I installed iTunes and now I see 2 sub folders in my DCIM folder instead of just one sub folder on my PC hooked-up via USB connection, so installing iTunes didn't really solve the issue as I have way more than 2 sub folders that should be showing and about 3,000 pictures and videos on my iPad Pro.

With the 2 sub folders I'm just seeing 174 pictures and videos.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Davyo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73