Can the LCD display handle huge amount of finger pressure?

I

iMore Question

Has anyone had their iPhone LCD (not glass) break due to amount of finger pressure? Or is the glass strong enough to prevent finger pressure damaging the LCD? Also, does the "LCD cracking due to heat" is from abnormal operation temperatures?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't met anyone with a broken screen due to the force they applied with merely their fingers. Also, the iPhone 6S and 7 (Plus) have TouchID technology, which means that you have to apply a little bit more force on the screen to call up some extra features. It's safe to assume that Apple calculated this and that the screen is quite strong.
As for your last question, I don't know what will happen to the screen under extreme heat.

If you have any further questions, please register and reply back to this thread.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had their iPhone LCD (not glass) break due to amount of finger pressure? Or is the glass strong enough to prevent finger pressure damaging the LCD? Also, does the "LCD cracking due to heat" is from abnormal operation temperatures?

The display is strong, but it's NOT unbreakable. Having said that, unless you have fingers as heavy as concrete blocks or you're a person who hits the keyboard instead of tapping it, you shouldn't have a problem with the display breaking from that type of usage, in my opinion...:)