How can I search my entire icloud inbox on iPhone?

nabeelfarooqui

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
When searching in the mail app on my iPhone (iCloud email account) it is soooo limited. Doesn't search my entire inbox for old messages. I am always forced to use my desktop in order to do so. Can someone help to let me know if there is a setting or something by which the search contents can expand to include the entire iCloud archive??

Thanks!

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I would like to think that using Siri spotlight search would help significantly in searching for emails. I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for but it may help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you mean more emails in your inbox, there used to be an option in settings> mail with "Mail Days to Sync". You could choose how many emails to show in the inbox. That option appears to be gone. Not sure that's what you mean though.

nabeelfarooqui

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
No just searching from within the inbox. Even when I scroll to the "bottom" of my inbox, it seems to have a limited number of messages (typically within the last 1-2 months) and does not keep loading new ones. In short, my inbox on my iPhone is not my entire inbox located on my mac. As a result, can't search many older emails.

I don't believe that iCloud has a "days to sync" option. That's more for exchange server emails.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No just searching from within the inbox. Even when I scroll to the "bottom" of my inbox, it seems to have a limited number of messages (typically within the last 1-2 months) and does not keep loading new ones. In short, my inbox on my iPhone is not my entire inbox located on my mac. As a result, can't search many older emails.

I don't believe that iCloud has a "days to sync" option. That's more for exchange server emails.

None of them do now that I see. I think on the iPhone, the limit is 1000 emails. Not sure though. Might vary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2