Icloud sync vs icloud backup

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello

Is there any different between icloud sync vs icloud backup ?

What I want to do is to sync my safari, contact book, notes, calender, reminder, games center, etc to all my ios and mac device, but I don't need to backup (since i'm using free icloud space)

If i turn off the icloud backup, will these app still sync among devices ?

Thx

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes they will continue syncing.
Backup is only to make sure you can restore your iPhone to the point the backup was made.
This is extremely handy if you loose your iPhone, if you buy a new iPhone and so on and so on.
I don't recommend disabling iCloud Backup at all.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Thx for your information

I have limited icloud storage for back up LOL

As long as my contact is safe in icloud, i think it's ok, i guess, i will turn on icloud backup for my primary ios device only (for whatsapp and sms backup)

Thx

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thx for your information

I have limited icloud storage for back up LOL

As long as my contact is safe in icloud, i think it's ok, i guess, i will turn on icloud backup for my primary ios device only (for whatsapp and sms backup)

Thx

Apple's iCloud storage plans start at $0.99 a month for 50 gigs. That's $12/year for 50 gigs of storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Be sure to delete a lot if things before a back up. The photos in Recently deleted, messages (especially photos and videos), etc.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Apple's iCloud storage plans start at $0.99 a month for 50 gigs. That's $12/year for 50 gigs of storage.

Yes, not to expensive, but Free 5gb should be enough for me since my pictures are backed up to google photo, music is also from applemusic, only whatsapp and sms need to be backup

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, not to expensive, but Free 5gb should be enough for me since my pictures are backed up to google photo, music is also from applemusic, only whatsapp and sms need to be backup

True. But after I got all my files transferred from Google Drive to iCloud, all my photos, and backing up several mobile devices every night, I hit 5 gigs rather quick.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2