I use my iPad 2 constantly for pain clinic visits and hospital stays and it is now quite old. I cannot bring in phones as they will slip though the rails of the beds, and no laptops as they are difficult to hold. I use it mainly to play games and watch videos while I wait in recovery (sometimes up to 3 hours) so I am not hardcore with it. Do I want to spend a little extra for the iPad pro, or will I be just as happy with the iPad Air 2? Mini is not an option.
    Last edited by squirrelbaitt; 03-27-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Title
    03-27-2017 01:54 PM
    Out of curiosity have you considered the new iPad? Sure, it's not as feature packed as the iPad Pro but if your only uses are gaming and videos, it will definitely handle those tasks. I'm not sure you NEED the Pro for the uses you mentioned. You'd certainly be happy with the Air 2. The Pro is nice because it's more future proof. If your needs/uses change, it will handle what you throw at it.
    03-27-2017 02:12 PM
    Coming from an iPad 2, you'll notice a massive performance increase going to the Air 2 let alone the Pro. I'm not sure you'll need the power and capabilities of the Pro, and the Air 2 is just as good for media consumption. Same display size, and same display resolution. The Air 2 is also a lot cheaper.

Alternatively, why not look the new iPad, released just last week? It was aimed as a replacement for the Air 2, which is now no more, and again is cheaper than the Pro! I saw one online earlier for just £300..
    03-28-2017 03:57 PM