How can I get my iTunes playlist on my iMac in alphabetical order?

I

iMore Question

Hi. I need help with this problem i have been having for months now. I have many playlists and several are not in alphabetical order. Each one that is not in alphabetical order I click on "edit playlist". Then on the right side of iTunes when the playlist comes up, from the drop down menu I click "sort by name" and then click on "name". Then I hit done and it puts them in alphabetical order. BUT THE NEXT TIME I OPEN iTUNES, is like I never did anything and has them z-a instead of a-z. Please help because to me this is very annoying. Thanks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.com! Please join the site so you can post a response. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

I'm not good with iTunes, as I use music services myself, like Apple Music, Pandora, Google Music and Spotify (whomever has the best trial at the time, lol) BUT I have reached out to friends to see if any can help you, please standby! :) Thanks! :)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at it, I'm seeing the same thing where the playlist sorts from Z to A after closing iTunes. Unfortunately I don't see a way to correct it, it seems to be an iTunes bug. I don't even see a way to change the sort on iOS. For right now the only things I can suggest are to live with it until the bug is fixed or switch to manual order and manually put them in alphabetical order. I know neither of those options are ideal, that's all I'm seeing right now though. I'll keep digging to see if I can find anything else on it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Why are some of my iTunes playlist on my iMac not in alphabetical order.

Open iTunes on your computer, sort the list on album, than change it back to the sorting of your preference and sync again.
This will trigger your iDevice to use the same sorting as in iTunes.

Ps: this also works with Music. Simply select a different sorting and then back to how you want it and it will affect the sorting on your iDevice within seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2