Disabled and deactivated Imessage. Using Verizon Message Plus with no issue.
    However, I still get random MMS and all SMS in the Imessage app.
    Apple shows my tel# as deactivated.
    03-25-2017 08:49 AM
    Just because iMessages are disabled, it doesn't mean that you'll stop receiving SMS and MMS messages. iMessage is an Apple-only service whereas the other two are typically associated with your wireless service.
    03-25-2017 08:55 AM
    Just move your Messages app off on the last page of your home screen. Put it in an "unused" folder with other stock apps you don't use.
    03-25-2017 09:14 AM
    What I don't understand is if I have Imessage disabled and successfully use Verizon Messages,
    WHY does Imessage still receive some MMS and all SMS????????
    03-25-2017 09:40 AM
    What I don't understand is if I have Imessage disabled and successfully use Verizon Messages,
    The Messages app is not the same as "iMessages". The "Messages" app is just that - an app that can receive all text messages, whether iMessages, SMS messages or MMS messages. "iMessages" are messages that can only be received via compatible Apple products.
    03-25-2017 10:05 AM
    Yes, understand. But if Imessage is deactivated and I utilize another texting non Apple text app, I would think,
    NO duplicate texts should be received within the Apple Imessage app.
    03-25-2017 10:10 AM
    There's no such thing as "the Apple iMessage" app. The "Messages" app is designed to receive SMS and MMS messages. You can't turn that off. You cannot set another app to be the default SMS app.
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    03-25-2017 10:29 AM
    You don't receive SMS with iMessage. You get SMS in the Messages app. If you have iMessage off in settlngs, you won't get iMessage. But you will get SMS. It will show green, not blue.
    03-25-2017 10:54 AM
    If I understand you all, I have Imessage turned Off in settings. I will still receive SMS in the message app, which I do.
    So while I default text to Verizon Messages Plus for all MMS and SMS, I will still get duplicate SMS in the Messages app.
    Anyway to alter this so messages receives nothing? I just want to use Verizons app standalone as this dual sms creates delays and conflicts.
    03-25-2017 11:34 AM
    One.More.Time.

No, you canNOT "alter" this.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-25-2017 12:13 PM
    If I understand you all, I have Imessage turned Off in settings. I will still receive SMS in the message app, which I do.
    So while I default text to Verizon Messages Plus for all MMS and SMS, I will still get duplicate SMS in the Messages app.
    Anyway to alter this so messages receives nothing? I just want to use Verizons app standalone as this dual sms creates delays and conflicts.
    Disabling "iMessages" DOES NOT disable the "Messages" app, and as has already been stated, you cannot replace the native Messages app with another messaging app as the default. Period.
    03-25-2017 12:27 PM
    If the SMS messages show in both apps, what difference does it make? You don't have to view them in the messages app. What kind of delays and conflicts?
    You might want to check with Verizon Support and see what they say. It's their app. Maybe you're missing something.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-25-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    03-25-2017 12:31 PM
    There's a help section in the Verizon app. There's also a link to a Verizon site with more info and a chat option.
    03-25-2017 03:29 PM
    What I don't understand is why use Verizon Messages in the first place ...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-27-2017 08:25 AM
    Yes, understand. But if Imessage is deactivated and I utilize another texting non Apple text app, I would think,
    NO duplicate texts should be received within the Apple Imessage app.
    Biggest thing to understand is this isn't Android. On Android you can assign an alternative default texting application. You can't do this on iOS. The Messages application will always receive your text messages. If the Verizon app receives them as well you may be able to turn off the notifications for the Messages app.
    03-27-2017 08:52 AM
    Use Verizon Messages because I want to view texts additionally
    on a Windows 10 device which if using Imessages it
    will only receive sms.
    03-27-2017 09:28 AM