I turned my location on indefinitely for my wife and it doesn't show for her how do I fix this?

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I tried sharing as a family and it didn't work, I made sure all my locations were turned on and it still didn't work. It says it's turned on when I look at my phone but it still doesn't show on hers. I have iOS 10 and she has iOS 9, could that be the problem? Please help it is really bothering us.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would guess you both need to update to the same current iOS. What doesn't show that's location related? Can you explain a bit more in detail?

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I would guess you both need to update to the same current iOS. What doesn't show that's location related? Can you explain a bit more in detail?

When you click on iMessage and go into details in the top right corner there is supposed to be a little map with my location and it doesn't pop up. On my phone it says I'm sharing my location indefinitely but on her phone it shows nothing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you click on iMessage and go into details in the top right corner there is supposed to be a little map with my location and it doesn't pop up. On my phone it says I'm sharing my location indefinitely but on her phone it shows nothing.

Make sure in location services you have "Share My Location" toggled on and the device "from" is checked.

1b9a1bdf449ed86381ef2b5082371dcd.jpg

Then go to location services > scroll down to "system services" > Toggle on "Share My Location" there too.

7c109c57e0fd3e5ea470b1ab16afd3f7.jpg

Enable "Share My Location" in iMessage.

Not sure what else you can do.

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I have already made sure all my locations are turned on and hers are turned on. If there's nothing else to do then how am I supposed to be able to fix this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have already made sure all my locations are turned on and hers are turned on. If there's nothing else to do then how am I supposed to be able to fix this?

Does it work with anyone else? Try to determine if it's an issue on your device or hers. Does she receive it from anyone else? Do you have a sibling or anyone you can test it with? Both of you might try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
You might also contact Apple Support. Maybe they can solve it.
Apple Support
http://expresslane.apple.com/

iPhone Support
https://support.apple.com/iphone

Apple Support Number:
(800) 275-2273

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

If you can't get that going, as an alternative the two of you can install Life 360. One of you must create the Admin account, then invite the other. My fiance' and I have been using it for many years, and I had my kids use it when they were younger so that I knew where they were and that they were safe.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you can't get that going, as an alternative the two of you can install Life 360. One of you must create the Admin account, then invite the other. My fiance' and I have been using it for many years, and I had my kids use it when they were younger so that I knew where they were and that they were safe.

I used that for a while. But it tends to use a lot of battery. There's no option to use location "when using the app". Location has to be on 24/7. It's otherwise nice though.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I used that for a while. But it tends to use a lot of battery. There's no option to use location "when using the app". Location has to be on 24/7. It's otherwise nice though.

My daughter may still be alive had she kept Life 360 installed. Lives are more important than battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711