What should I do for replaced I phone?

I

iMore Question

I had an I Phone 6 S Plus. I had purchased it from my carrier T Mobil when I became their client. My I phone became out of use due to the water damage. I took it to an Apple Store for repair. They said it was impossible to fix the phone but they offered to replace it for $ 329 plus tax but they did not say it was non refundable. I accepted and I paid. Later that day I discovered that I was actually insured by my carrier for damages.
They said they can replace it for free but they want the damaged one back. As I gave to Apple I can`t return it. What should I do now? Is there a solution for this case?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately if you went to Apple and paid for the replacement phone your damaged phone is long gone. Maybe try to work with the insurance carrier to have them pay the replacement fee you paid to Apple.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
OUCH!!!! Have you gone back to the Apple Store where you bought the replacement phone? Maybe they still have your broken phone? It might be worth another visit, or at least a phone call to the store manager?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's an option: If you're replacement done by Apple was done at the Genius bar, they would've had you sign something for the transfer of phone. Your old IMEI or Device ID number should be on the receipt and that number can be identified by T-Mobile. That receipt can be used as proof and maybe you can use that with your carrier for at least an insurance credit or credit. Hopefully this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2