How to recover missing notes, iPhone 7?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 7 Notes gone! They were in folder "On my iPhone", not attached to any email, not in iCloud. They show in Spotlight search, but I cannot open them. NOT in "Recently Deleted".
On Saturday, all notes were there. On Sunday, half of notes in this one folder had disappeared. I need these notes! HELP!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Notes created on "on my iPhone" are not synced to anywhere. They are not backed up in iCloud. They are only "on the iPhone". I would check all your email accounts in settlngs just to be sure. Toggle them on for notes and then check the Notes app.
Also try a hard reset.
7 Reset
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

If they're not there, then they may have been deleted somehow. If that's the case, there's not much you can do. I suggest using iCloud only for notes. Not "on my iPhone". That way your notes would sync with iCloud and would be backed up. Go to settings > iCloud > Toggle Notes on. Go to settings > Notes> Toggle "on my iPhone" off. Transfer any notes over to iCloud first. Use copy and paste.

Kanterpper

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your info , but if the lost notes has been covered , is there any chance to get them back ?
I am not sure whether the deleted notes was covered or not , i lost them already for a long time

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro