Broke My Nexus- Is the iPhone 5S still viable?

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! So I recently crashed on my longboard and shattered my beloved Nexus 5X. While I liked the phone, I didn't have insurance on it and I guess it may be time to try out an iPhone for once. I don't want to spend too much money (as its gonna be a replacement), so I have seen new 5s's for sub 200, used SE's for 240ish, and 6's in the higher 200's.
So my question is- is the 5s still a good option? Or is it worth the price jump to go to the SE or the larger phones? Any input is appreciated. Thanks ya'll!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
If you're on a tight budget (and not on T-Mo), I would suggest going for the 5s. I used a 5s to try out iOS myself.

The T-Mo note is because the SE has a couple more bands over the 5s, and it would be a disservice to get a 5s over it but that's just my opinion and experience.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
All thou the 5s is a great device your better off spending the extra $40 and get the SE which has a much powerful chip and 2GB of Ram

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll go for the SE. What's your guys's opinion on the screen size compared to the others? Do you think I'll be left wanting after having a 5.2 in screen on my 5X?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll go for the SE. What's your guys's opinion on the screen size compared to the others? Do you think I'll be left wanting after having a 5.2 in screen on my 5X?

Maybe. I use the 5.5" 6s Plus. When I go back to my old 4" iPhone 5, I can't stop thinking how small it is. You may have similar thoughts, but should get used to it.

lisa.pyrek

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The iPhone se is the only iPhone I never purchased, this time I've gone for the 7 plus, love the bigger screen, could never go back to a smaller screen now, it feels weird having a smaller screen

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox