Where are my deleted emails coming back from?

dougbreck

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
my iPhone 4s keeps reloading deleted emails from somewhere. But I use POP, and there are NO emails on the server. So where are these emails coming from? It's a bit scary that my stuff is out there somewhere, but I don't know where.

This happens repeatedly, every few days.

Please help.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
POP mail does not remove mail from the server. It is a one way communication. I would see if you can change to the IMAP protocol. That is a two way sync so if you delete mail on your device it will also remove it from the server.

As for the server, log in to the web client and empty the trash bins to remove all the mail you don't want.

dougbreck

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Sorry bamf-hacker, but POP DOES delete emails if you set your email client appropriately. If you look at my original question, these ghost emails appeared when the server was completely empty of emails - inbox, spam, trash ...

So where are these emails coming from?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry bamf-hacker, but POP DOES delete emails if you set your email client appropriately. If you look at my original question, these ghost emails appeared when the server was completely empty of emails - inbox, spam, trash ...

So where are these emails coming from?

We don't know, we can't know. Contact your email service for further information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox