IPhone personal hotspot takes a long time to be discovered, why? any solutions?

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
IPhone personal hotspot takes a long time to be discovered, pls why is this so?

like for example, if am using it and network becomes slow, briefly put it in airplane mode to refresh the network, when iphone gets connected, the devices previously connected to the iphone hotspot wont see it, even trying to connect a new device, same issue. until i on and off hotspot several times on my iphone and on and off wifi on the other devices too before it picks again....pls any solution, its frustrating pls. thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Putting the device in Airplane mode is not refreshing the network. It's disconnecting all networks connections on the device which in turn will cause any devices connected to it to also be disconnected. Some iPhones will have problems reconnecting to a cellular network after disabling Airplane mode, and that *could* be part of the problem you're experiencing. Anyway, when the "network becomes slow", as you've stated, try waiting it out or call your wireless provider to make sure they are not throttling you or something.

Last edited:

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but I only used that as an example. Sometimes, when using the hotspot and need to go or do something, once I disabled it, and want to reconnect back, still same problem. Takes time before other devices discover it.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
IPhone personal hotspot takes a long time to be discovered, pls why is this so?

like for example, if am using it and network becomes slow, briefly put it in airplane mode to refresh the network, when iphone gets connected, the devices previously connected to the iphone hotspot wont see it, even trying to connect a new device, same issue. until i on and off hotspot several times on my iphone and on and off wifi on the other devices too before it picks again....pls any solution, its frustrating pls. thanks

I have had the same issue. I have had to toggle on and off personal hotspot until it became detectable again. Frustrating but no biggie! Once I'm connected to my personal hotspot I've never been kicked off so not a disaster

Silas-y

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
I used to get problems with connecting my iPhone 6 to my laptop, as the name corrupted because of the '. Go to Settings / General / About / Name and take out the ', so mine became jonis iPhone. This solved the problem and changed the hotspot name too, as you want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods