I have downloaded Android file transfer. But when I copy the DCIM folder which contains the Camera folder onto my desktop, there are no photos in the Camera folder; the folder is empty (connected as MTP). Also, when I switch from Connected as a Media Device (MTP) to Camera (PTP) on my phone, iPhoto says that there are no photos to import. The photos are on my phone, and I know that they are in the DCIM folder, but my Macbook is not recognizing them. Help! I'm running out of memory on my phone, pictures have not been auto-backed up to Google for months, and now I can't even transfer to my computer.
    03-05-2017 01:40 AM
  2. njlx2016 said: Best Answer

My guess would be this is a permissions or copyright issue. DCIM refers to Digital Copyright Millennium Act. You might need iTunes.
    Uhhh... no. What Is a DCIM Folder? | TechHive

Instead of importing them, why don't you just drag the DCIM folder right into iPhoto? If that doesn't work, can you drag the folder to your desktop then import them to iPhoto?
    Welcome to iMore.com! In order to better help you we are going to need more info. Please join the site so you can post a response to our questions. It's easy, here's how...
    [Guide] How to Sign Up at iMore

My guess would be this is a permissions or copyright issue. DCIM refers to Digital Copyright Millennium Act. You might need iTunes.
    03-06-2017 10:35 AM
    Uhhh... no. What Is a DCIM Folder? | TechHive

Instead of importing them, why don't you just drag the DCIM folder right into iPhoto? If that doesn't work, can you drag the folder to your desktop then import them to iPhoto?
    pkcable likes this.
    03-06-2017 12:41 PM
    DCIM refers to Digital Copyright Millennium Act. You might need iTunes.
    DCIM stands for Digital Camera IMage... hence it being the folder that digital images are saved on a camera.
    njlx2016 and pkcable like this.
    03-06-2017 12:49 PM
    My bad! Lol. Always thought it had to do with copyrights!
    03-06-2017 12:53 PM
    My bad! Lol. Always thought it had to do with copyrights!
    You might be thinking of DRM which is Digital Rights Management which is used to protect copyrighted materials
    pkcable likes this.
    03-06-2017 03:51 PM
    You might be thinking of DRM which is Digital Rights Management which is used to protect copyrighted materials
    You are probably right.
    03-06-2017 08:36 PM