Office 365 or Apple's solutions and iCloud?

AHJ87

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have just purchased the new MacBook Pro with touch bar and wondered whether I should purchase a subscription to Office 365 (I am a law student). I am yet to put my trust in Apple's version of the productivity applications which run on all my Apple devices.

Please let me know your thoughts, I think I know what the answer is going to be but I just wondered how powerful pages, numbers and keynote actually is. Collaboration features, cloud storage. etc?

Thanks for your time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used them all at some point over the years, and I've concluded that word processors, worksheets, presentation, etc., pretty much work in the same manner. I use both Microsoft and Apple services and you should consider doing the same, in my opinion. Take advantage of both.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
There are pros and cons to each. The Apple applications integrate fully and completely with all your Apple devices -- systems and hardware, of course.

O365 doesn't (yet) take advantage of cool touchbar integrations. But, if you're collaborating with others, you may find that the O365 will require less effort ( re file types) to share with others. The 1TB Onedrive storage is great. Also, as O365 can be had on a monthly subscription, you can try it out to see how it works for you.

AHJ87

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I just wondered whether there were any complete no-no's on a particular service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro