Extremely puzzled with my new iPhone 6S Plus slow down

kenapple110

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
So I bought a brand new iPhone 6S Plus last month (jan 2017), upgraded from iPhone 6. I picked 6S over 7 partly because of the missing headphone jack. But anyway, I bought it from the Apple Store, brand new. I checked online, the phone was manufactured in Dec 2016, so it's not unsold units that's been sitting in the warehouse.

When I first got it, I benchmarked it with geekbench 4, and other popular benchmark apps, and compared to online. It's within the spec. 2200 single thread, 4300 multi thread.

My iPhone 6S Plus is the 128GB model, so I installed quite a lot of apps, but still have 50GB of free space. But I recently noticed the phone is quite a bit slower, and I ran the benchmarks again, now I got significantly lower score consistantly! I tried restarting the phone, turning off spotlight searches and background app refreshes, I even tried resetting the phone setting (without earsing the whole phone).

Still, my geekbench 4 score is now around 1400 single thread, 2250 mutli thread. I did make sure it's not in low power mode. Other benchmark apps also come up with lower score than it should. It's consistantly giving low score! It's sure indicating a problem.

Also, another problem is incorrectly battery percentage indicator, running 3D games for 15 minutes will drop from 100% to 60%, restarting the phone will bring the percentage back to 88%.

I'm really puzzled! I've used every single iPhone it came, since the original iPhone in 2007, this is definitely the first time I've encounter something like this.

P.S. My A9 chip is N66AP, from samsung.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh