It says it's the wrong pass code and then disables for 5min after only 1 atempt
    02-27-2017 10:39 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Wait the 5 minutes, then try again with your passcode. Be sure to press down on the numbers hard enough.
    02-27-2017 11:27 AM
    Hah ! me too, iMore does this to me at least once a week. It tells me I have to log in and then refuses my password, and at the same time tells me that I have tried to do this ( log in) five times with the wrong password ( I have not !) and to wait 15 minutes. This will be pointless because the app will not accept your password ! At the same time an email will arrive telling me that someone has tried to access my iMore account with the wrong password at the exact time I tried to log in. The curious thing about this is that the IP address given in the email as the originator is never mine ?
    At the risk of being dull I will say that I have found recently that if I go to the iMore website and access an article,wait a while and then go back to the app it will accept the passcode !!! To finish I will say that this only happens on my iPhone which is weird because I joined iMore on the iPhone.
    03-04-2017 06:52 AM
    Hah ! me too, iMore does this to me at least once a week. It tells me I have to log in and then refuses my password, and at the same time tells me that I have tried to do this ( log in) five times with the wrong password ( I have not !) and to wait 15 minutes. This will be pointless because the app will not accept your password ! At the same time an email will arrive telling me that someone has tried to access my iMore account with the wrong password at the exact time I tried to log in. The curious thing about this is that the IP address given in the email as the originator is never mine ?
    At the risk of being dull I will say that I have found recently that if I go to the iMore website and access an article,wait a while and then go back to the app it will accept the passcode !!! To finish I will say that this only happens on my iPhone which is weird because I joined iMore on the iPhone.
    The OP wasn't referring to iMore. He was referring to unlocking and opening his phone.
    03-05-2017 06:59 AM
    My apologies, I must have been confused, neither my iPhone or iPad do that ?
    03-05-2017 07:09 AM
    My apologies, I must have been confused, neither my iPhone or iPad do that ?
    Usually it takes 5 attempts before it asks.
    03-05-2017 08:10 AM