Hi, I want to use a speaker in the wilderness for a long period of time and thought that if I could get a speaker where the bluetooth functionality could be turned off I could save power. The UE Boom 2, and the JBL Charge 3 are both great speakers, but you can only disconnect a device, and not turn off the bluetooth completely, i.e. the speaker will constantly still search be searching for new devices, using power. I can't seem to find this info anywhere online, and the guys at BestBuy are certainly unable to help! Any tips would be great, thanks!
    02-24-2017 01:46 PM
    Instead of spending a lot of time and eventually paying for the functionality of a BT device which is capable of your wishes, you should simply buy a decent BT speaker and get a few power banks to charge the speaker and your iPhone with.

Bluetooth nowadays is quite battery friendly and by turning it of you most likely will have saved only a few more extra minutes battery life.
    02-24-2017 02:26 PM
    I've got the Juice Block which is a ruggedised and water proof speaker which hangs on to my bag with a loop strap.
    It's got 10hr battery life and BT can be switched off with a small switch.

However, a small solar panel power bank wouldn't go amiss.

eBay for both
    02-24-2017 04:17 PM