Is there a good, portable Bluetooth speaker where you can turn Bluetooth functionality off?

Charlie Easton

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I want to use a speaker in the wilderness for a long period of time and thought that if I could get a speaker where the bluetooth functionality could be turned off I could save power. The UE Boom 2, and the JBL Charge 3 are both great speakers, but you can only disconnect a device, and not turn off the bluetooth completely, i.e. the speaker will constantly still search be searching for new devices, using power. I can't seem to find this info anywhere online, and the guys at BestBuy are certainly unable to help! Any tips would be great, thanks!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Instead of spending a lot of time and eventually paying for the functionality of a BT device which is capable of your wishes, you should simply buy a decent BT speaker and get a few power banks to charge the speaker and your iPhone with.

Bluetooth nowadays is quite battery friendly and by turning it of you most likely will have saved only a few more extra minutes battery life.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Juice Block which is a ruggedised and water proof speaker which hangs on to my bag with a loop strap.
It's got 10hr battery life and BT can be switched off with a small switch.

However, a small solar panel power bank wouldn't go amiss.

eBay for both

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro