Help buying an iPhone

mhinton5

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My daughter nicole is 28, but only on pre-k - kindergarten reading level, has dyslexia, severe stuttering & ADHD. She was evaluated by a woman from Independent Living Center, she would greatly benifit from an I phone for communication and would give her the ability to text, email & so much more with all the disability apps for the iPhone. But I only receive Ssi disability check, there is no way possible for me to buy her one. And I have no family or anyone to help. If anyone has any ideas or information please help. Thank you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help buy I phone

Welcome to iMore! I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you checked with an Apple Store or a carrier store? Most carriers will offer a free or very low cost iPhone if you sign up with them. You might want to start there.

Good luck with your search! Hopefully something turns up for you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help buy I phone

Welcome to iMore!

I've been doing some research about iPhones for deaf people. I have a friend who is on a fixed income and can't really afford one. I found this link about possible ways to find a free iPad for special needs children. Some of the suggestions would probably apply for an iPhone and for adults. Click here to be taken to the site I found.

Another thought I had is what about local churches. If you're a member of a local church, why not consider talking to your pastor. He or she may able to help, and they may also be able to help connect you with other sources.

Keep us posted!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the Independent Living Center has resources or connections to obtaining used devices at a low cost. Maybe check with them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner