Remember the good old days of early osx 10? Every time Apple released new software you would just install it, because you knew your devise would not be bricked or rendered without crucial functions?
    Every time you get a ios update promt, you become hesitant and start researching others experience with the updatebugs for days on the internet, before, hesitantly, installing the new potential death trap...

On my iPad Air 2 i have lost my mobile data option after an update, just gone! I had my keyboard stuck 1cm up on the screen, rendering copy/paste functions useless in most apps.
    And now i have to sleep it and wake it back up every time i want to rotate screen...
    02-18-2017 01:55 AM
    Apple still public beta test, I am running beta iOS 10 and Sierra on my MacBook, I get regular updates to my iPhone, iPad and Mac of beta software and even at that I have never had a problem with the Beta's. Remember to restart after updates to solve any wee problems, I do a hard reset holding down start button and home button till Apple logo appears then let go.
    02-18-2017 04:36 AM
    Every time you get a ios update promt, you become hesitant and start researching others experience with the updatebugs for days on the internet, before, hesitantly, installing the new potential death trap...
    This is untrue with me. I've been beta testing iOS on my primary device for years, and the positives have far outweighed the negatives. Not once have I thought my device would brick. In fact, I look forward to each update and expect it to work well with my device.

On my iPad Air 2 i have lost my mobile data option after an update, just gone! I had my keyboard stuck 1cm up on the screen, rendering copy/paste functions useless in most apps.
    And now i have to sleep it and wake it back up every time i want to rotate screen...
    Not EVER have I experienced that with any of the betas I've tested over the years on any of my devices. Then again, I don't keep a lot of apps on my devices and I'm quick to install from scratch.
    02-18-2017 06:08 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Thanks for sharing your experience. I've found Apple releases to be very stable. They're not perfect but I rarely find any major issues with final releases.
    02-18-2017 06:13 AM
    Sometimes restoring with a fresh copy of iOS cures those issues. With iTunes.
    02-18-2017 08:26 AM
    Since iOS 9 became available as beta somewhere in June in 2015 I have been solely on betas. And never have I ever had the inconveniences you are mentioning.

Surely there were some apps that didn't function or function properly, but I have had that always in mind and anticipated on that. But once the major release came out, all those little bugs and annoyances were eliminated either by Apple themselves or with an update for said apps.

I'm sorry that you feel this way.
    02-18-2017 10:09 AM
    I've never had any issues like the one you've had with your Air 2. Even the beta's are very stable in my experience.
    02-18-2017 10:21 AM
    I have never experienced any bricking or any other problem with an update. I have had iPhones since the 4.
    02-18-2017 11:05 AM