Why does the iMore App on iOS not allow me to chat on the forums? every post says I dont have permission to post. I can answer using the web browser and Mobile site.

7 Plus on the latest iOS 10
    02-15-2017 11:04 AM
    Welcome to iMore! I'm glad you asked that! Yes it does! BUT you must be a member of the forum. As a guest you can just view anything, and of course use our handy "Ask a Question" feature as you have done here. BUT if you want to become a full contributing member, and get a cool screen name, have a avatar, and post in other threads, you must join. We have many MANY cool thread, PLUS you can even pitch in with the helping as I am doing now, when you see a question you feel you can answer. SO how do you join?

[Guide] How to Sign Up at iMore
    Annie_i6s, dakid2k6 and aximtreo like this.
    02-15-2017 12:18 PM
    pk cable thanks.

I am a member dont know how I wasnt signed in lol.

anyways Im logged in on the app and still nothing.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-15-2017 12:20 PM
    pk cable thanks.

I am a member dont know how I wasnt signed in lol.

anyways Im logged in on the app and still nothing.
    You MIGHT need to make sure the app is signed on, from the app's homescreen, click on the arrow on the upper left of the screen, THEN click on Account, you will then be able to sign in your account. Sorry I treated you like a noob! lol
    dakid2k6 likes this.
    02-15-2017 12:58 PM
    You MIGHT need to make sure the app is signed on, from the app's homescreen, click on the arrow on the upper left of the screen, THEN click on Account, you will then be able to sign in your account. Sorry I treated you like a noob! lol
    No worries here. I just noticed now there 2 apps in the app store. iMore and iMore Forums. The forums one is which I was using most and getting the Message I have a screenshot of it if it helps. But using the iMore app I can answer.which is how I am replying to your post now.
    02-15-2017 01:07 PM
    Here are screens from the app I have and how to sign in...

iMore App on iOS 10-img_0006.jpgiMore App on iOS 10-img_0007.png
    Attached Thumbnails iMore App on iOS 10-img_0008.png  
    dakid2k6 and aximtreo like this.
    02-15-2017 01:11 PM
    Getting that to not show my email was a REAL chore! lol Not that I mind giving it, BUT I want to follow forum rules.
    aximtreo and dakid2k6 like this.
    02-15-2017 01:19 PM
    Getting that to not show my email was a REAL chore! lol Not that I mind giving it, BUT I want to follow forum rules.
    lol. Thank You for the help. That is the app I have now. I have deleted the other one which was giving me the issues. Thank You again,
    pkcable likes this.
    02-15-2017 03:06 PM
    Hey pkcable or anybody help again. The new app doesn't allow me to answer on forums either now.
    02-22-2017 08:17 PM
    Hey pkcable or anybody help again. The new app doesn't allow me to answer on forums either now.
    Use the iMore forums app for the forum.
    dakid2k6 and pkcable like this.
    02-22-2017 09:46 PM
    Use Pinpoint or skitch. Both apps offer pixelation.
    pkcable and aximtreo like this.
    02-22-2017 09:49 PM
    Use the iMore forums app for the forum.
    That app also doesn't allow me to post on anything on the forum.
    02-23-2017 05:47 AM
    That app also doesn't allow me to post on anything on the forum.
    Did you log in with your account credentials?
    pkcable likes this.
    02-23-2017 07:35 AM
    Did you log in with your account credentials?
    Yes I did. I notice the forum app doesn't let me post anywhere. The iMore app and Tapatalk let me post except in the marketplace.
    02-23-2017 09:03 AM
    Yes I did. I notice the forum app doesn't let me post anywhere. The iMore app and Tapatalk let me post except in the marketplace.
    It should. What does it do? The iMore app doesn't allow posting photos.
    02-23-2017 09:41 AM
    Could u have enabled iPhone restrictions? Check settings-general-restrictions and turn off the restrictions fully, not app by app just turn off all restrictions then try. I had this issue when I bought my iPhone 7 plus and this fix worked for me. Hope you find your answer if this doesn't do it for you.
    pkcable and aximtreo like this.
    02-23-2017 09:41 AM
    It should. What does it do? The iMore app doesn't allow posting photos.
    Could u have enabled iPhone restrictions? Check settings-general-restrictions and turn off the restrictions fully, not app by app just turn off all restrictions then try. I had this issue when I bought my iPhone 7 plus and this fix worked for me. Hope you find your answer if this doesn't do it for you.
    Don, I have restrictions fully off and nothing. Thanks for the advice there though.

Led, the app in both iMore and iMore Forums don't allow me I have screenshot both to show you can't seem to upload at the moment. But here's the messages.

From iMore Forums app - you don't have permission to reply. That's on the bottom bar where one would normally reply.

From the iMore app - pop up saying Tapatalk error Cannot post reply: You may not have permission to do this action.
    02-23-2017 10:45 AM
    Just testing from iMore app.
    02-23-2017 10:50 AM
    Don, I have restrictions fully off and nothing. Thanks for the advice there though.

Led, the app in both iMore and iMore Forums don't allow me I have screenshot both to show you can't seem to upload at the moment. But here's the messages.

From iMore Forums app - you don't have permission to reply. That's on the bottom bar where one would normally reply.

From the iMore app - pop up saying Tapatalk error Cannot post reply: You may not have permission to do this action.
    Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstall it back and log in again?
    02-23-2017 11:04 AM

Have you tried deleting the app, then download it back? Then log in again.
    Actually, I think it's an account issue. Are you on a computer or online on your phone?
    dakid2k6 likes this.
    02-23-2017 11:06 AM
    I have tried deleting both apps and install again and log in and it still doesn't work. I have used the computer and it allowed me to type on the forums. Haven't tried today to the one specific forum thread I'm trying to type in.

Been using it on my phone.
    02-23-2017 01:22 PM
    I have tried deleting both apps and install again and log in and it still doesn't work. I have used the computer and it allowed me to type on the forums. Haven't tried today to the one specific forum thread I'm trying to type in.

Been using it on my phone.
    You might check with MobileNations on that. Send an email inquiry to:
    accounts@mobilenations.com and explain your issue with the apps. They can take a look and see what might be going on. There's been some other odd things going on with accounts.
    aximtreo and dakid2k6 like this.
    02-23-2017 03:00 PM
    Sorry guys I have been a little out of touch lately. I was traveling and am now vacationing in Barcelona Spain!
    dakid2k6 and aximtreo like this.
    02-24-2017 06:01 AM
    Sorry guys I have been a little out of touch lately. I was traveling and am now vacationing in Barcelona Spain!
    Thanks for rubbing it in, Rich
    aximtreo, dakid2k6 and Ledsteplin like this.
    02-24-2017 06:08 AM
    You might check with MobileNations on that. Send an email inquiry to:
    accounts@mobilenations.com and explain your issue with the apps. They can take a look and see what might be going on. There's been some other odd things going on with accounts.
    Thanks I'm gonna send an email now.

Well then pk off the forum and enjoy vacation in Spain!!!
    02-24-2017 09:05 AM