iMore App on iOS 10

I

iMore Question

Why does the iMore App on iOS not allow me to chat on the forums? every post says I dont have permission to post. I can answer using the web browser and Mobile site.

7 Plus on the latest iOS 10

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm glad you asked that! Yes it does! BUT you must be a member of the forum. As a guest you can just view anything, and of course use our handy "Ask a Question" feature as you have done here. BUT if you want to become a full contributing member, and get a cool screen name, have a avatar, and post in other threads, you must join. We have many MANY cool thread, PLUS you can even pitch in with the helping as I am doing now, when you see a question you feel you can answer. :) SO how do you join?

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
pk cable thanks.

I am a member dont know how I wasnt signed in lol.

anyways Im logged in on the app and still nothing.

You MIGHT need to make sure the app is signed on, from the app's homescreen, click on the arrow on the upper left of the screen, THEN click on Account, you will then be able to sign in your account. :) Sorry I treated you like a noob! lol

dakid2k6

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
You MIGHT need to make sure the app is signed on, from the app's homescreen, click on the arrow on the upper left of the screen, THEN click on Account, you will then be able to sign in your account. :) Sorry I treated you like a noob! lol

No worries here. I just noticed now there 2 apps in the app store. iMore and iMore Forums. The forums one is which I was using most and getting the Message I have a screenshot of it if it helps. But using the iMore app I can answer.which is how I am replying to your post now.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Here are screens from the app I have and how to sign in...

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0007.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    500.9 KB · Views: 398

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Getting that to not show my email was a REAL chore! lol Not that I mind giving it, BUT I want to follow forum rules. ;)

dakid2k6

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Getting that to not show my email was a REAL chore! lol Not that I mind giving it, BUT I want to follow forum rules. ;)

lol. Thank You for the help. That is the app I have now. I have deleted the other one which was giving me the issues. Thank You again,

DonMecca81

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Could u have enabled iPhone restrictions? Check settings-general-restrictions and turn off the restrictions fully, not app by app just turn off all restrictions then try. I had this issue when I bought my iPhone 7 plus and this fix worked for me. Hope you find your answer if this doesn't do it for you.

dakid2k6

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
It should. What does it do? The iMore app doesn't allow posting photos.

Could u have enabled iPhone restrictions? Check settings-general-restrictions and turn off the restrictions fully, not app by app just turn off all restrictions then try. I had this issue when I bought my iPhone 7 plus and this fix worked for me. Hope you find your answer if this doesn't do it for you.

Don, I have restrictions fully off and nothing. Thanks for the advice there though.

Led, the app in both iMore and iMore Forums don't allow me I have screenshot both to show you can't seem to upload at the moment. But here's the messages.

From iMore Forums app - you don't have permission to reply. That's on the bottom bar where one would normally reply.

From the iMore app - pop up saying Tapatalk error Cannot post reply: You may not have permission to do this action.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don, I have restrictions fully off and nothing. Thanks for the advice there though.

Led, the app in both iMore and iMore Forums don't allow me I have screenshot both to show you can't seem to upload at the moment. But here's the messages.

From iMore Forums app - you don't have permission to reply. That's on the bottom bar where one would normally reply.

From the iMore app - pop up saying Tapatalk error Cannot post reply: You may not have permission to do this action.

Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstall it back and log in again?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried deleting the app, then download it back? Then log in again.
Actually, I think it's an account issue. Are you on a computer or online on your phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234