Why is my iPod's battery dying in 2 minutes flat?

I

iMore Question

I bought my iPod Touch in early 2015. The model is A1421, not sure what gen it is.
I can't use it for more than 2 minutes (I timed it) without the battery dying! I have updated it to the last iOS, cleared unnecessary apps off it (now has 6GB of space left), and taken the case off in case it was overheating. Still dying.

A few years ago I had an iPod nano that died in 20 seconds (again, timed) if you scrolled or used the click wheel. Apple temporarily fixed it by pulling a tiny piece of thread/hair/wire out of the bottom hole where the charger goes. (It broke two more times before they said just scrap it and get a Touch.) Might there be something like that stuck in my itouch?

Oh also I'm nervous about resetting my ipod completely because of a game I don't wanna lose

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hold top button and front button till Apple logo appears, then let go of buttons, this will reset without loosing anything and often sorts apps that may be stuck and using battery, if that fails, it could be faulty battery, visit to apple shop. Jim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR