i am trying to unlock my apple iphone 5s but i dont know the apple id because it was my partners phone but hes forgot his apple id so how could i unblock it.
    02-13-2017 02:24 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Without the Apple ID, there's no way. None!
    02-13-2017 02:53 PM
    Your only shot is Apple and it's a remote one...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

They have some tips for finding your AppleID, plus you can try contacting Apple Support, BUT you'll need proof of purchase.
    02-13-2017 03:15 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Without the Apple ID, there's no way. None!
    That's incorrect. Apple will remove the activate lock with proof of purchase.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-13-2017 08:52 PM
    Welcome to iMore.com! Please join the site so you can post a response and let us know how you made out. It's easy, here's how...
    [Guide] How to Sign Up at iMore
    02-14-2017 08:06 AM
    That's incorrect. Apple will remove the activate lock with proof of purchase.
    The OP didn't buy the phone. It came from a friend. Or so he says.
    02-14-2017 09:40 AM
    I think unless the OP can prove he/she is the rightful owner via original proof of purchase this will (rightfully) be a lost cause.

The activation lock is there to protect devices and their owners. If the OP got the device second hand they'll have no proof that they are the original owner so I doubt Apple will want to help bypass their activation lock
    02-14-2017 09:59 AM
    I believe he may have difficulty as well, BUT Apple Support is his best shot as I and Garz have said, AND he will need proof of purchase. Also that page I linked has some tips for remembering/looking up your Apple ID. Perhaps with a little help from the "friend" he may yet get in to the device. G'luck OP, please consider joining the site and letting us know how you make out.

As a LAST option, you can sell the device as a "locked" device for parts only it WILL have some limited value, BUT make sure you provide full disclosure of the device's condition to any potential buyers.
    02-14-2017 11:28 AM
    The OP didn't buy the phone. It came from a friend. Or so he says.
    They never said friend. They said it was their partners phone. Can't assume their partner doesn't have proof of purchase. Your answer went straight to no. Which was incorrect.
    02-14-2017 12:08 PM
    Either way probably not worth us going back and forth over. We've provided the OP with the info he needs, so hopefully he can have the best shot at getting his device working properly. Shall we all move on to the next question?
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    02-14-2017 12:44 PM
    They never said friend. They said it was their partners phone. Can't assume their partner doesn't have proof of purchase. Your answer went straight to no. Which was incorrect.
    If the "partner" can't recall his Apple ID, he's not likely to produce a receipt.
    02-14-2017 01:21 PM