Storage on iPhone HELP

questionzzz

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have an iPhone 5 and when I bought it a long time ago, I had 16GB available.
Im having alot of issues with the storage because now its saying that the capacity is 13.12GB and I have only 1.29GB or less. I can't use my phone properly because of this. I have only one app installed (instagram) and nothing else. I have almost 8GB of music and 1.18GB of photos, which I constantly have to load to my laptop to save space. I talked to an Apple agent on their live chat, but got no direct answer. Only said it can be from the new software. Could this be from the updates? Ive tried to go back to iOS 9 atleast but there is no way from what i know. None of it makes sense. What can i do to fix this?

I will try to attach a picture.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    852.7 KB · Views: 328

doughmay

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone

I have an iPhone 5 and when I bought it a long time ago, I had 16GB available.
Im having alot of issues with the storage because now its saying that the capacity is 13.12GB and I have only 1.29GB or less. I can't use my phone properly because of this. I have only one app installed (instagram) and nothing else. I have almost 8GB of music and 1.18GB of photos, which I constantly have to load to my laptop to save space. I talked to an Apple agent on their live chat, but got no direct answer. Only said it can be from the new software. Could this be from the updates? Ive tried to go back to iOS 9 atleast but there is no way from what i know. None of it makes sense. What can i do to fix this?

I will try to attach a picture.
Thank you!

Well first off, no iPhone ever came with 16gbs free it might've been 12-13 but that's because of the system files you can't see, Instagram is probably taking up space in cache to clear this reinstall the app. Now about your music and pictures, these put together are about 10gbs of data used so I would clean up your music only choose what you listen to and backup your photos to google photos or computer. Delete some videos that is an easy way to save space. Also make sure your up to date updates can take up space .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR