Settings app gone, can't access through spotlight

I

iMore Question

All my stock apps, settings, safari, ETC, are gone, and the spotlight search doesn't show them up. I can't do an iTunes restore as I'm not home. Please help me.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well these apps really can't be gone, UNLESS your device is jailbroken. ;) Let's assume you are NOT jailbroken, in that case a reset of your homescreen should fix you right up. First restart your phone by holding power and home (or power and volume down on the iPhone 7/7Plus), THEN try the search again, swipe down, then type Settings, then General, then Reset, THEN Reset Homescreen layout. Also try using Siri to bring up the settting. "Open Settings"

IF you are jailbroken then you need more advanced help than I can provide. :(

Welcome to iMore.com! In order to better help you we are going to need more info. Please join the site so you can post a response to our questions. It's easy, here's how...
http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/293812-guide-how-sign-up-imore.html

JailbrokenDevice

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Imma just restore to a backup before my 10.2 jailbreak catastrophe. I backed up, I'll just re Impact my device with the Yalu and be more careful this time :D

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sounds good :). Not sure why no one came, I did send out an email call. Sorry about that. Jailbreak is kind of tricky it's not forbidden or anything BUT it's also not widely discussed here.

JailbrokenDevice

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Sounds good :). Not sure why no one came, I did send out an email call. Sorry about that. Jailbreak is kind of tricky it's not forbidden or anything BUT it's also not widely discussed here.

Understandable. Could I ask if you have any tips/help restoring my phone? I've given up xD, Jailbreaks got the best of me, I'm going back to straight iOS. How do I do a reset to factory default?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2