Opinions about the Macbook Pro 13" vs 15" screen size?

I

iMore Question

I am choosing a new computer, and trying to decide between the two... I have very ordinary needs but am looking at the Pro line simply because of the screen size. At the age of 55 I want to have as big a screen as possible, and am not concerned with the weight- I don't normally take my laptop anywhere other than to different rooms in my house.
However- the price difference between the 13 and 15" versions is substantial, and it seems ridiculous to pay that much extra for a 2" bigger screen! So my question is- do any of the older people on this forum find there is a difference in vision comfort between the 13 and 15" laptops?? It would kill me to pay that much more for 2", BUT- I'm just starting the slide into reading glasses and my vision is the most important thing. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

First I am 57 and wear trifocals. More for reading small print than anything else. I have a 13" MBP and find the screen size is very readable. I prefer the 13" as I save money and it allows me to upgrade the 13 to higher specs. Also remember that you can enlarge the page you are reading by holding down Command key and scrolling up or down on your track-pad or mouse.. This will increase or decrease the web page in size. Save some money and go with the 13". You won't regret it. Enjoy your new computer whatever you decide on. Thank you!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm not older, I do use a 15" at work and a 13" at home and I don't notice any large differences in visibility. I'd imagine if you can easily read on the 15" you'd be just fine on the 13" as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1