(Using Man OS Sierra - macOS 10.12.2 (16)

Hi all, maybe a silly concern but I wanted to make sure.

About three months ago I opened up my Macbook Pro (13 inch, bought it 2011) only to discover as well as the normal hard drive icon on my desktop a second icon, with something like BCUDRIVE written as its name underneath it. I had no idea what it was.

to coincide with this, around the same time, I noticed that my keychain utility was open, which was unusual as I had not asked for it to be opened. Every time I lock it I get a message telling me that 'accountssd wants to use the keychain' and when I put me password in it unlocks it permanently.

I did google the name of the second hard drive at the time, and it was a partitioned or second drive for some reason, and I think it started happening as a result of the latest MacBook Pro software update being downloaded, around September time.

So was this normal? I didn't think until recently that I might have been hacked, though this seems somewhat unlikely.

Thanks all!

Drew
    01-23-2017 07:28 AM
    To be honest I would be surprised if you were hacked. It's in no way silly to ask. Only silly if you don't ask. I'm thinking the last update did not install properly or download properly. Either way I would recommend a factory restore or a restore from a backup before the update.
    01-23-2017 08:02 AM
    Have you done anything with the Boot Camp Utility? That may explain the additional drive you're noticing on your desktop. May be best to take it to the Apple Store for assistance if you're not comfortable in working with multiple partitions on your drive. I doubt you've been hacked though.
    01-23-2017 11:44 AM