My iphone broke and I'm trying to see if I've missed any messages sent to me while it has been broken. Can I view these messages on a mac if I linked it after the imessages would have been received?
    01-21-2017 11:10 PM
  2. mumfoau said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore.

Though I'm not an official on the matter, it has been my experience that when linking a new device to your iCloud account it doesn't bring over a history of past messages save for email. With iMessage, your history begins with the first message received on said newly linked device.

Please don't hesitate to register for our forums to keep tabs on this and other Apple related news, tips and tricks!
    Welcome to iMore.

Though I'm not an official on the matter, it has been my experience that when linking a new device to your iCloud account it doesn't bring over a history of past messages save for email. With iMessage, your history begins with the first message received on said newly linked device.

Please don't hesitate to register for our forums to keep tabs on this and other Apple related news, tips and tricks!
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-22-2017 05:34 AM
    As mumfoau has stated it will not bring in your past history. It will start at the moment you sign in.
    01-22-2017 01:44 PM