What's the better MacBook

I

iMore Question

What's better 2014 maxed out macbook or 2015 macbook
Hi, 
I'm looking to buy a new refurbished MacBook but I don't no which one to get. I have found a 2014 MacBook Pro with 3.0 GHZ, quad core i7, 16gb ram and 1tb of ssd. I have also found a 2015 MacBook with 2.2GHZ, 16gb ram, quad core i7 and 256gb ssd. My question might be a simple one but I haves some worries im going to be using this for music production so will be using Logic Pro x a lot. This made me think that the 2014 model has the better power to do this. My worry is that I purchase the 2014 model and it's not got a lot of life left in it when it comes to new OS updates and just the fact that it is 3 years old now, whereas the 2015 model is a lot youngerl. I might sound stupid to some of you haha but I just want to get the best thing for me as I'm gunna be spending a lot of money. 
Please help?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, please take a moment to join the forums so you can answer any questions you're asked as well as share your own experiences with the community.

I'd personally go for the newer one as the specs are more than capable of handling LXP but as you said has a better shelf life.

That said I'm still using my 2007 MacBook for iPhoto and it works as good as my other laptops so if you take care of it then you will find it lasts.

The only thing I would be concerned with is the HDD size. I'd definitely look at investing in storage options.
If you are producing music then 1tb would be the minimum.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I personally would take the newer model. The 2015 MacBook with 2.2GHZ, 16gb ram, quad core i7 and 256 GB SSD. A newer processor and GPU all help you in the long run. You will have less storage space but you can always get an external drive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2