Am i thinking negitivly on this ?

I

iMore Question

Seeing the "Apple using sufficient energy" under the battery stats, and rumors in the next beta MacOS it will also "Display brightness" as well, is Apple going too far ?

What i mean is just for users perspective alone.. Apple wants to make aware of how up front of just how many other problems out there affecting our Mac's while they sit on the high horse wanting extra battery life...

It's like saying "We wish to bring to your attention just how bad everyone else is and how inefficient they are. but our apps are the only ones you should use to get the maximum performance"

Is this a wrong trend to set? Of course, this is for convenience, like anything, but it's users computers we bought, yet by the fact u advertise stuff font in the battery status menu claiming which apps use "more energy" doesn't that also swing the gap in the other direction more as a "oh.... i better not use Firefox anymore then"

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't see a problem. Safari is often in my list of apps using significant energy so it's not like they're just calling everyone else out.