My son always used my original apple ID for everything. Now he is 13 and has his own and wants to move everything over to that. If I sign out won't everything be erased from the device when I sign in with the new ID? He has iCloud Photo Library enabled, won't the pictures be deleted when he signs out?

I was thinking i should disable iCloud Photo Library and everything in his iCloud ID (Calendar, Contacts, etc) to keep it local, then sign in with the new ID and enable everything. Wont that sync everything from the device to his new ID?

Did any of that make sense?
    01-12-2017 07:15 PM
    I think the way cannot be a direct transfer,, u'll need to download everything. sign up for the new ID, then put it all back..

Unless u want everything in two location which isn't all bad either. Apple doesn't allow deleting Apple ID's, it'll be there for good.

If u sign out/disable icloud feature, your large photos will still be there, it will just delete whats on device., nothing is gone from iCloud... but if u have all that stuff local already (backuped somewhere), the job will be allot eaiser easier... Just create the new ID, and new content upload..
    01-13-2017 12:56 AM