Break-even point for an old AT&T unlimited plan versus new plans?

fdlockhart

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an old AT&T unlimited data plan and have not yet been tempted to switch to a new plan.

However, two price increases have me considering a move.

It would be great if iMore could do a story comparing one's options. In other words, when might it make sense to switch?

Price, data use, shared accounts, some other factor?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, the editors will make use of your suggestion. Thank you for supplying it. Take care.

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I think this would be a great idea. I, too, have the unlimited plan and while I love it I have always wondered when it would come to an end. I imagine we can expect moderate increases over time as I imagine they are going to use these increases to push those of us with the unlimited plans to something different. While there's no such article, I'd have to imagine that if it's written it'll come down to how much data you use and how you use your phone. You may find that a cheaper limited plan makes more sense since you don't exceed a certain amount. I know I use a lot of data each month; I usually get the warning text from AT&T that they're going to throttle me, but it's usually close enough to the bill that it hasn't happened. However, I have always had unlimited data and so I've never really had to worry about it or change how I use the phone.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see a feature making a comparison of the different carrier's rates and plans and how they compare to each other. :)