Temporary blocked messaging to one person

I

iMore Question

I suspect I am temporary blocked from sending messages to one friend. I guess there has been too many messages. On the other hand, that person claims there was no blocking from that side. When I should expect to be able to communicate with this person again? Thanks in advance!

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
If that person has blocked you, there's no way of telling. You won't be able to message that person until they stop blocking you.

ptprince

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Well, I have seen that person and the computer that is used, altogether with the FB account. There are NO blocks from that person! Still, I am unable to send & receive messages with that friend. I know that there is a possibility to 'earn' that block due to too many messages, and yes, there were really too many messages from both sides (OK, my messages are more numerous, but there were replies to all my messages). Since it might just be a temporary block, I could not find any info on temporary blocks that will tell me how long this temporary block will last.
Have I made myself clear enough? Guys, this is The Problem, and I expect some help, not mocking with some fortunetellers. Get serious, please help!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand your question perfectly. However, because I do not know, and therefore do not have an answer for you, I suggested that you contact your carrier. Since you receive your cellular and data from them, they might be able to assist you better.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Wait. Is this Facebook related?
(From my understanding).
I've been on it for 10 years and never been blocked due to too many messages (in Messenger?).

So if it's Facebook related, they are who you should contact. If not, I apologize. I'm not quite sure what you mean (and I've never heard of a temporary ban, not even related to too many messages (if there's such a thing)).

ptprince

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Well, I used Messenger.
I have contacted the friend, and he says it's okay with him, he didn't even use FB that day, or Messenger at the time of the ban.
I have found somewhere that the ban might be for hours to days, up to 30 days.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Please make sure the person you're trying to send messages to still is in your friends list. If you still can't send messages ask that friend by other means to send you a text with Facebook Messenger.

If this issue still is not solved, look for other (free) ways to contact that person, for example with iMessage or WhatsApp and Viber, to sum up a few.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have seen that person and the computer that is used, altogether with the FB account. There are NO blocks from that person! Still, I am unable to send & receive messages with that friend. I know that there is a possibility to 'earn' that block due to too many messages, and yes, there were really too many messages from both sides (OK, my messages are more numerous, but there were replies to all my messages). Since it might just be a temporary block, I could not find any info on temporary blocks that will tell me how long this temporary block will last.
Have I made myself clear enough? Guys, this is The Problem, and I expect some help, not mocking with some fortunetellers. Get serious, please help!

Well, I used Messenger.
I have contacted the friend, and he says it's okay with him, he didn't even use FB that day, or Messenger at the time of the ban.
I have found somewhere that the ban might be for hours to days, up to 30 days.

You need to contact Facebook for support. It is their system that is apparently blocking you. No one here can provide assistance on this issue.

ptprince

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
You need to contact Facebook for support. It is their system that is apparently blocking you. No one here can provide assistance on this issue.

I tried to contact FB, but all I got was an automatic reply with 'thanks for reporting...'.
I wonder how I can get an answer from human. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried to contact FB, but all I got was an automatic reply with 'thanks for reporting...'.
I wonder how I can get an answer from human. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Getting help from Facebook is like talking to a rock. It won't happen. Give it time and see what happens. Especially if it's temporary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73