I'm the owner of an iPhone SE, had a 6s before and always thought Apple has a very uncomfortable way accessing camera settings.

So I looked for many application replacements, like Camera+ and CameraPixels (former app name Camera++). I purchased both for full features access.

Those are featured full apps but I can't get a picture as sharp and beautiful as when using the built in camera app.

The amount of detail, sharpness and maybe also better HDR on the default app makes it difficult to find a replacement.

Simple photos like the ones with some letters (white background and black letters) are taken much better with the native camera app. Also a simple macro picture (close up pic) are much better in detail and sharpness.

Both mentioned 3rd party apps will let you choose different compression methods, raw format, tiff extension with or without compression, you can change all options within the app, but they can't produce at least the same quality pictures

Any luck using these apps, or may be you can recommend that can produce same quality images or even better than the default one?

Thank you
    01-08-2017 05:01 PM
    I don't have an SE, but I use ProCamera & Pro HDR X as well Camera+ on both my 7 Plus and 6. I have found them to be very full featured apps that have produced some great pictures for me. I am only an amateur when it comes to photography so base my suggestions on that. With some playing around with the apps I have come to learn how to use them. Have a look at the other apps I mention. They might possibly be what you're looking for.
    bcandiolo likes this.
    01-08-2017 07:00 PM
    I use ProCamera +HDR as my default camera. ProCam 4 and ProShot are both good as well. Also Camera+.
    bcandiolo likes this.
    01-08-2017 07:23 PM
    I use ProCamera +HDR as my default camera. ProCam 4 and ProShot are both good as well. Also Camera+.
    Thanks, purchased ProCamera plus the additional HDR add-on and I'm getting great quality pictures.
    One small question, can you tell me how to record in slow motion video mode? The option is not easy to find and documentation doesn't mention it?

Edit: I believe I got it but it is a bit confusing, you ser the frame rate to 240 dos and resolution to 720p then record a video, but the app player doesn't show it as slow motion in real time.

Wired, same video opened in Photos shows a slow motion video (playback is normal)
    Last edited by bcandiolo; 01-09-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    01-09-2017 12:07 AM
    Edit: I believe I got it but it is a bit confusing, you ser the frame rate to 240 dos and resolution to 720p then record a video, but the app player doesn't show it as slow motion in real time.

Wired, same video opened in Photos shows a slow motion video (playback is normal)
    The trick is to choose a high frame rate in the Control Panel (anything above 30 FPS, not necessarily 240 though). This will allow you to play the video in slow motion afterwards.

When playing the video within ProCamera you can choose the playback speed by tapping the small "1.00 x" button on the top left of the screen and choose your playback speed - 0.25x, 0.50x and 0.75x are the playback speeds for slow-motion.

Hope this helps :-)
    bcandiolo likes this.
    02-21-2017 09:26 PM