Can I recalibrate my steps distance on my Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

The treadmills at my gym are all counting mileage differently from my Apple Watch now. If I walk 1 lap or .25 miles on treadmill my Apple Watch records only around .20 miles! This is making me walk around 6.5 mikes to get credit for 5 miles! Unless the treadmills are all off suddenly! Any and all suggestions are welcome...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't pay attention to that. I have the opposite problem bc my strides are short, so my AW records more distance than my treadmill. I usually base my runs off the treadmill stats.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Check out this help page from the Apple website.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204516

Whenever you walk or run outside using the above steps, your Apple Watch continues to calibrate the accelerometer by learning your stride length at different speeds. Calibration can also improve the accuracy of your calorie calculations in the Workout app, and the calorie, distance, Move, and Exercise calculations in the Activity app.

Reset your calibration data

If you want to reset your calibration data, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Reset Calibration Data.

artyness

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion on how to recalibrate my Apple Watch! That improved things on the treadmill a lot! Now it's only off .05 per mile rather than .20 per mile! I hope to tweak it some more for better accuracy!
I live by my AW! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW