Should I upgrade from iPhone 6s to 7?

I

iMore Question

Hello, I am considering in upgrading from iPhone 6s to 7 but still not very convinced, I was also thinking in buying a new 12-inch MacBook since I have the 2012 MacBook Pro. Which purchase would you consider smarter? Thanks for your advice.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I'm not sure either one would be a good choice. Your iPhone will be good for a couple more years and your MBP should be good for a few more years. Personally I would wait for at least another year and then reassess it again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am considering in upgrading from iPhone 6s to 7 but still not very convinced,
If you're not convinced that you should upgrade then don't. The iPhone 7 is not that big of an upgrade from the iPhone 6S, in my opinion.
I was also thinking in buying a new 12-inch MacBook since I have the 2012 MacBook Pro. Which purchase would you consider smarter? Thanks for your advice.
If I had to choose to upgrade one of the two devices you've mentioned, I'd probably choose to upgrade the MacBook, but that's Just Me, D....

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 6S to a 7, I only did it because my daughter needed a new phone. Other wise I would not have bought it. Of course there is some improvements but are they big enough to do a change? The only one that can decide that is you and your economy.

MoboPlay

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
For me, holding an iPhone 6 and waiting for iPhone 8. Not a big fan to catch up with the annual iPhone upgrade. And as others mentioned, iPhone 7 is not a big enough upgrade.

Besides, my iPhone 6 battery seems too old. Considering how much it will improve by changing the battery. Any ideas?

Last edited:

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I decided to give the Plus lifestyle a go so I upgrade from a 6S to a 7+

Main reason was battery life, with the iPhone 6s I couldn't get through a day without either totally running flat or having to turn on low power mode. I tried an Apple battery case, however found it was too bulky.

All I can say is wow, for battery life alone, not to mention the Camera (I don't use my Sony 5X anymore), it is well worth the minor size difference (especially when you compare the 6S with Battery case to the 7+).

If it was an iPhone 6s > 7 decision, I'd wait for the iPhone 8 if I could.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The 7 has not been a good upgrade in my opinion. I would've stuck with the 6s in hindsight. I'd go with the MBP upgrade. Or maybe do nothing and wait for the 8.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am considering in upgrading from iPhone 6s to 7 but still not very convinced, I was also thinking in buying a new 12-inch MacBook since I have the 2012 MacBook Pro. Which purchase would you consider smarter? Thanks for your advice.

I feel that while the iPhone 7 is an improvement over the 6s. I don't think it offers $600 worth of improvements. So i would say stick to you 6s for now and have a look at the 7s or 8.

Regarding the laptop. I personally would never advise purchasing the 12-Inch Macbook. With its single USB-C port and low power processor. You will soon run into problems with performance and connectivity. I would recommend the 2016 Macbook Pro (non touch bar) if you looking for a light and potable laptop. I feel you getting much more value for money with it.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I can see upgrading is for the water proof feature. Everything else doesn't make it worth it to me.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's really up to you and what you want. Do you absolutely NEED to upgrade from the iPhone 6s to the iPhone 7? Is there a big problem with your iPhone 6s? I also have the 6s. I'm not having any issues with it, so I see no reason to upgrade to the iPhone 7.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from my 6s to the 7 plus for the camera. The pictures are much better and like the idea of dropped in water chances are phone will be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77