How do I print better quality pictures if my photos are "optimized" to save space?

I

iMore Question

I have a lot of pictures on my phone and I saw that they may be "optimized" (not as great of quality) to save space on my phone. When I go to Target or online services to print them, they are really grainy and terrible quality. Is there a way to in-optimize them? Or how should I go about printing better quality photos?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It may not be your device or its optimized photos. Don't rule out the possibility that the grainy look could be the result of the printer used by the photo service. I've used Walgreens online photo service in the past using photos in their original format and they didn't come out a clean and I had anticipated. They, too, had a grainy look.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How do I print better quality pictures if my photos are "optimized" to save space?

Welcome to iMore! I've run into the same problem. If you open the photo using the Photos app and then upload it to whatever app you're using for printing it should upload the full res version. Whenever you view a photo using the Photos app that photo is temporarily replaced by the full res version as long as you have a data connection.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
i always thought anything you do from optimized version appropriate for device is the quality u will get anywhere.. even if u print it out, It can't look better otherwise it would get distorted.... You can't fill in pixels which are not there...

I gather just get the full quality version.. and it will be better..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner