i tried to login but says my account has been locked
    01-03-2017 03:56 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

Here is a guide by Apple on how to unlock your account. Please do not post your email address. Thank you.
    01-03-2017 04:36 AM
    i was in the same boat at one point.... I dunno why Apple says try again next day or 72 hours, possibly for security reasons? like what reasons exactly ?

If its to deter others from access, then that's another issue entirely.... its not even related. u simply just forgot your password, or you account got locked, and u need to unlock it. When u ask Apple "why" they don't tell you why the wait..
    01-03-2017 08:46 AM
    i was in the same boat at one point.... I dunno why Apple says try again next day or 72 hours, possibly for security reasons? like what reasons exactly ?

If its to deter others from access, then that's another issue entirely.... its not even related. u simply just forgot your password, or you account got locked, and u need to unlock it. When u ask Apple "why" they don't tell you why the wait..
    As the link that was posted above states, it's generally due to a password being entered incorrectly too many times or security questions being incorrectly answered.
    01-03-2017 08:50 AM