What's the best way to get a refund from apple

I

iMore Question

App ended up not being what I thought it was ended up deleting the app that same day didn't know that it had a subscription and would charge money to my account a month later

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
It is a shame Apple bends over backwards this much....

It states in theirs Terms "All purchases are final", but they allow refunds when they want to ? How is that sticking up for their own ? While people do make mistakes, they also then have read the Terms.. right?

Not doubting this, but I guess this is what happens when a company sets out conditions, but then plays by its own rules ignoring them as well.

One of these days, i hope Apple can backup what they say, but that's wishful thinking.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It states in theirs Terms "All purchases are final", but they allow refunds when they want to ? How is that sticking up for their own ? While people do make mistakes, they also then have read the Terms.. right?

Not doubting this, but I guess this is what happens when a company sets out conditions, but then plays by its own rules ignoring them as well.

One of these days, i hope Apple can backup what they say, but that's wishful thinking.

The OP came here looking for help. Your comment is not helpful at all.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Customer experience is ultimately more important to Apple than "sticking up for their own". They're the richest company in the world so I'm sure refunding some purchases here and there isn't going to bankrupt them.

Why is this a bad thing? How does refunding purchases at their discretion negatively impact customers?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Unless you're secretively Tim Cook how does this even affect you?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
An app company double charged me, I contacted Apple and my (admittedly miniscule) overcharge was returned in a couple of days. Several apps I have paid for have turned out to be junk, I thought I'd best swallow it...I pressed the go button !!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Apps as any product advertised are generally over stated to sell it. Have you never bought anything and regretted it later because it wasn't what you expected? I have and am thankful that I was able to get refunded. Not trying to be super critical of your comment, but people do make mistakes and should be allowed to get refunds.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner