Why does my debit card keep getting declined for Apple iTunes payments?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why myself cannot use debit card for apple itunes payment?

Please contact Apple Support regarding this matter. Thank you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! I recommend contacting your bank and asking why they're declining your iTunes purchases. Nobody else is going to know why.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I've has similar issues with the "odd" declining despite there is enough funds available and in my case, i just left it, because i know it will eventually go through, issues can also happen Apple's end as well, but if its an on going issue, then speak with your bank.

If you phone up Apple asking then, they'll only refer you to the bank anyway..

To prove, its card related, try another card with Apple. If your bank says everything is fine, then speak with Apple, as don't rule them out.... they have their own problems too with debiting.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I would do is check if the card has expired or if you didn't change the expiration date when it did expire. 99 times in 100 this has been my problem with declined credit cards.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I MIGHT know the answer here. Are you trying to make in app purchases? Gems, diamonds, moves, clues, etc? Sometimes doing this too often will trigger Apple's built in security. You need to contact them to get it lifted, and IF you are a heavy gem user eventually they will mark your account and ease the restictions, but it has to happen a few times first. It's annoying, BUT necessary, it's for our protection, so in case our device gets lost or stolen, OR if our children get carried away, they can't do TOO much damage. ;) (You DON'T want to know my in app purchase balance! lol it's staggering)

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal