Alternatives to WiFi calling for iPhone 6s - Credo (carrier does not support WiFi Calling)

I

iMore Question

Hi! We bought an iPhone 6s through Credo mobile thinking we'd be able to use WiFi calling in our home (we live in the country and get no service with Verizon/Sprint), unfortunately we now learned Credo does not support WiFi calling. Instead of returning the device (since we already had our number ported) we were wondering if there is an app we can use when on WiFi to receive/make calls using our same number. We don't want something like WhatsApp where the person has to have the same app - we just want to be able to use the phone and have people call us using the same number as always. We are willing to pay for an app that provides this service.

Thank you in advance!

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Voice over IP... if have this already

I use it all the time on iPhone SE..... If u need an app download Zoiper... It works with many providers. with auto configuration setup, or manual config.

DaveyB230

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
It seems most people have missed the point of your post wanting to allow people to call you on the same number. I don't know of an app that does this, however I can think of a work around. Using any one of the services suggest for VOIP service, you can forward your regular phone number to the VOIP phone. Your in house phone will ring any time someone calls your cell phone and you are out of tower range. There is of course the inevitable switch point in which people will not be able to reach you. But I'm sure you knew about that when you assumed you'd be able to do wifi calling.

Davey