iPad Air 2 keypad freezes

I

iMore Question

I had an iPad 4 for years. I set up my ISP email account in the email app and it worked perfectly. Now I have an iPad Air 2. I have had issues with the keypad freezing in the email app. I contacted Apple Canada and they replaced the iPad with a new iPad Air 2. I am still having issues. In the middle of an email, the keypad freezes and I have to Cancel and Save Draft and then retrieve the draft and continue.

The email account I am using is that of my ISP. I tried a pop3 account and the keypad froze. I deleted the account and set it up as an IMAP account. The keypad froze.

I can't think of anything else. I've used this email address for years. I don't really want to switch. If it's not the iPad. If it's not the email account. What can be causing the keypad to freeze! If it was a common problem Apple would surely be aware of it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that helps. If it were me, however, I'd restore it and then set it up as new...