I would like to use my imessage

I

iMore Question

I have a MacBook Pro, I use a iPhone 6s... I would like to start using my iMessage to pick up where I left off with texts on my phone, here on my laptop. How do I use this feature? There is no account on the iMessage application to connect to the cloud???

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You need to have both devices on current versions of the OSs, probably you are ok there, also you need to make sure both devices are using the same AppleID and on the same WiFi network. Additionally on iMessage you can ONLY send and receive from other Apple devices. You CAN get any calls though, Facetime handles the calls, non Apple people come in as audio only, BUT other iPhones and other Apple devices can also Facetime video your computer, and Facetime works even when you are not on the same WiFi as your phone, BUT you can't get the regular cell calls, BUT facetimes from other Apple contacts. The FIRST time you do it you'll need to "authorize" which your device will walk you through, and will involve getting a code from your phone and entering it on your Mac. :)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711