Can two people own the same iPhone SE?

I

iMore Question

I bought a iPhone SE and set it up. Now my wife wants to use it, but it is tied to my Apple ID. Do I have to reset it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

It depends on her usage. If she simply wants to call people, play games, surf the web, watch videos or play music then you don't need to do anything except hand the phone over to her.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

Personally I would reset it and have her put her AppleID in it, BUT as D said you can just pop in her SIM and her phone number will take over as the phone number. You can also JUST have her sign out of your app store, icloud and game center accounts and sign in to hers. It's not as smooth and elegant as when you reset and THEN she enters her info, BUT it will work. The problem will come in when the installed apps, that were installed when your Apple ID was on the phone get updates, at that point it will prompt her for your password. You can either give her your password, enter it for her, OR just have her ignore updating those apps. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. I misunderstood what the OP was saying. I assumed he meant that she simply wanted to use the device, as in borrow it. My apologies.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry. I misunderstood what the OP was saying. I assumed he meant that she simply wanted to use the device, as in borrow it. My apologies.

Actually that's not entirely clear, and you are quite right, IF they want to share the device and switch BACK and forth, then SIM swapping without resetting may be best, BUT if he just got an iPhone 7 and is passing the SE on to his wife, then again I stick with my recommendation. :)

So I'd say maybe we BOTH are right! lol