How to a acknowledge (not erase) a repeating reminder?

I

iMore Question

(Crossposting note: I've also posted this question on discussions.apple.com in thread [redacted] , but did not get a response so far ... seems to be a really tricky problem).

I'm using iOS 10, using the German user interface. I'm using the Reminder [redacted] App to remind me on certain tasks. Some of the reminders are periodical (repeating) reminders, which - for instance - occur every months.

Setting up such a reminder is easy, but I don't quite understand, how to "acknowledge" a repeating reminder. To be more precise:

- If the periodic event occurs, the app reminds me on it. For instance, the event is marked red in the reminder list, and the app shows a count of "1" (non-acknowledged reminders). To this point, everything works as expected.

- When I have read the reminder (and did the task it reminds me to), the App - naturally! - still shows the reminder. It can't know that I have already dealt with, and keeps me reminding on and on.

If it were a non-repeating reminder, I would simply erase the reminder (swipe to the left, and press "Löschen", i.e. "delete"). With a repeating reminder, this would work too, but it would also erase the whole reminder, also for the next months, and I would have to recreate the repeating task.

I need a way to just "unmark" the reminder (so that it is not displayed in Red anymore), abut keep the task. How can I do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you select the reminder for that day's occurrence, does it not show the date and time for the next occurrence?