I am wondering if I updated to the public beta right now would I have to flash the release version of iOS (10.2) when it is released publicly (a full file flash) or would I just simply update like abnormal update through iTunes without losing my data?

I ask because I recall going to the gold master release of iOS 10 but there was no way for us to get to the release version without doing full install and wiping our phones in the process. I would like to avoid this and have held off on betas since then because of this experience.
    12-09-2016 10:27 PM
    Gold master is the same as the public release. But you would just download the public 10.2 ipsw then shift+right click on update then choose the public 10.2 and update that way~
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    12-09-2016 10:29 PM
    I am wondering if I updated to the public beta right now would I have to flash the release version of iOS (10.2) when it is released publicly (a full file flash) or would I just simply update like abnormal update through iTunes without losing my data?

I ask because I recall going to the gold master release of iOS 10 but there was no way for us to get to the release version without doing full install and wiping our phones in the process. I would like to avoid this and have held off on betas since then because of this experience.
    There is no need as the gold master is the same as the public release as mentioned above. If you are on the beta and want to go back to public, just delete the beta profile once the public release comes out. Then you will get public updates as usual.
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    12-09-2016 11:32 PM
    Thanks everyone. See the last time I was on a gold master (the iOS 10 one), I tried to submit reviews to the App Store and it told me that I had to be on an official version to submit reviews. Also the feedback app remained?
    12-10-2016 06:45 AM