In the days of Aperture, if you type in a search in the search bar, it would narrow down in the sidebar as well as the main window showing the albums and items that matched the search criteria, much like how it works when you search your library in iTunes. However, Photos in Sierra does not do this.

When I type in a search parameter, there is a dropdown list of various things that fulfill that, but then I have to click one album, for example, then scroll through the photos that show up in the main window. When I cannot find the photo I am looking for, I have to go up to the search window and try my luck to click on another choice crossing my fingers in the hopes that it is not the same one that I just clicked because my short-term memory cannot remember what I just clicked on before. Then I keep doing this and eventually I get frustrated because I just opened up the previous selection.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way? I had well organized albums in Aperture, and although the albums are largely there from import, I cannot find things easily as when I used Aperture.
    12-06-2016 02:50 AM