Netflix : Can I share the account?

tonyreal

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, My gf gifted me Apple TV. I'm so excited. I wish to watch Netflix during the holidays, especially when I am very much bored. My best friend has an account.

So, I have two questions:

I would like to know if I can watch Netflix on Apple TV 4 gen.

Second, is there any legal problem in sharing the Netflix account, because I read that it is a crime. http://www.torontodefencelawyers.com/blog/general-category/crime-share-netflix-password/ I didn't understand much of that article. Can at least two persons access Netflix from the two PCs? I won't be a regular viewer so, I'm not interested in registering in Netflix.

Thank you

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's probably not a good idea. Consult your own legal sources, as you appear to have done, and go with your own conscience. This is what Netflix says on it....

Passwords & Account Access
The member who created the Netflix account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the Netflix account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting Netflix Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner's control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Netflix service, Netflix implements technology that enables us to recognize you as the Account Owner and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Netflix service, which includes accessing via Netflix ready devices or website.
You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Netflix website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. Netflix reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. Netflix is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of Netflix or by the automated processes of Netflix.

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Depending on your plan, you're allowed to stream on 1, 2, or 4 screens at once. So as long as you're within the limits of the plan you choose, you shouldn't have an issue.

tonyreal

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
My friend is having a standard plan, so I think it allows him two user access. I hope then, I would be able to log in his account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2