I've never owned a macbook but received my first Apple product, the ipod shuffle in 2006 as gift when my cousin got a nano. I've transitioned to an 2009/2010 ipod touch which my girlfriend has now taken over, as well as my iPhone 6. However in my entire history of owning apple devices, it's always been a little painful to transfer data. iTunes used to be so bad in the past I used to use MediaMonkey to sync music. It's better now but I still find transfering photos from iphone to computer tedious. Sometimes itunes can't even wirelessly sync with my iphone.

I'd love to one day transition to a macbook especially seeing that this laptop will kick the bucket soon, but will any of these problems reoccur in the macbook?
    12-04-2016 06:16 PM
    I've never owned a macbook but received my first Apple product, the ipod shuffle in 2006 as gift when my cousin got a nano. I've transitioned to an 2009/2010 ipod touch which my girlfriend has now taken over, as well as my iPhone 6. However in my entire history of owning apple devices, it's always been a little painful to transfer data. iTunes used to be so bad in the past I used to use MediaMonkey to sync music. It's better now but I still find transfering photos from iphone to computer tedious. Sometimes itunes can't even wirelessly sync with my iphone.

I'd love to one day transition to a macbook especially seeing that this laptop will kick the bucket soon, but will any of these problems reoccur in the macbook?
    You will not have any such issues. I am completely in the  environment in my home. MBP, iMac, iPad, Watch, TV and so on. Have been for many years and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have always like iTunes from day one. It has been a great program for keeping my devices organized and for transferring things back and forth between them. Things work smoothly. On the Mac side of things, if you don't like the way iTunes transfers images back and forth there is a program that comes with the Mac called Image Capture. Fantastic app for transferring videos and images.

You can always pose any questions you have in regard to it here should you go with the Mac experience. It truly just works!
    Just_Me_D and alc1575 like this.
    12-05-2016 05:45 AM
    Oh! thanks so much. I can't wait to build a mac environment!
    12-05-2016 10:48 AM
    Having used an iPhone on both a PC and a Mac I thought both worked fine. Sometimes its just a matter of making sure you have the latest version of iTunes. There is something to be said for being all invested in Apple though. There IS a convergence and integration of services going on right now that makes things operate and integrate VERY well together. For example as long as the devices are all on the same network, when a call or text comes in you can take it on any Apple device, Phone, IPad, iMac, Watch, etc. Documents and photos are available between devices also although sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to "sync"
    alc1575 likes this.
    12-05-2016 11:15 AM
    Being integrated into the Apple ecosystem is the best thing you can do for yourself. Having an iPhone and Mac will make syncing your music, photos, and movies super streamlined. When you connect your Photos app with iCloud, every picture you have on your iPhone can be *immediately* synced to your Mac. You can even customize where the original, full size images are stored. When it comes to music, you can also store content in iCloud so that you can listen to music on your Mac and then pick up where you left off on your iPhone. If you and your S.O. both have an iPhone, you can share music and photo libraries using Family Sharing. It's incredible and I *highly* recommend upgrading to a Mac when the time comes. Good luck!
    pkcable and alc1575 like this.
    12-05-2016 11:26 AM
    Having used an iPhone on both a PC and a Mac I thought both worked fine. Sometimes its just a matter of making sure you have the latest version of iTunes. There is something to be said for being all invested in Apple though. There IS a convergence and integration of services going on right now that makes things operate and integrate VERY well together. For example as long as the devices are all on the same network, when a call or text comes in you can take it on any Apple device, Phone, IPad, iMac, Watch, etc. Documents and photos are available between devices also although sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to "sync"

Believe me buddy I'm trying to get fully integrated. It's just a little expensive, especially as a student but I'll get there.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-05-2016 12:20 PM
    Being integrated into the Apple ecosystem is the best thing you can do for yourself. Having an iPhone and Mac will make syncing your music, photos, and movies super streamlined. When you connect your Photos app with iCloud, every picture you have on your iPhone can be *immediately* synced to your Mac. You can even customize where the original, full size images are stored. When it comes to music, you can also store content in iCloud so that you can listen to music on your Mac and then pick up where you left off on your iPhone. If you and your S.O. both have an iPhone, you can share music and photo libraries using Family Sharing. It's incredible and I *highly* recommend upgrading to a Mac when the time comes. Good luck!
    Yes I'm now finding iCloud as the simplest way to access my photos from my laptop I have apple music that I share with my girlfriend. Streaming is so damn convenient.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-05-2016 12:22 PM
    Believe me buddy I'm trying to get fully integrated. It's just a little expensive, especially as a student but I'll get there.
    Make sure you are getting student pricing from Apple! They discount usually around 100 dollars off of Computers just for being a student!
    12-05-2016 12:51 PM